Your privacy is important to Genius Store UK Ltd, Trading as Fruit Geek (GSUK LTD). This privacy statement is provided to you by GSUK LTD who is the data controller of your data. It sets out what personal data we process and for what purpose.
GSUK LTD may process the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your use of this website (including how you browse the site)
- information that you provide to us to enable us to provide you with services (including names, telephone numbers, email addresses, addresses)
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including payment for services and products)
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletter (names, telephone numbers, email addresses, addresses); and
- any other information that you send to GSUK LTD.
Using Personal Information
GSUK LTD may use your personal information to:
- administer this website;
- personalise the website for you;
- enable your access to and use of the website services;
- send to you products that you purchase;
- supply to you services that you purchase;
- send to you statements and invoices;
- collect payments from you; and
- send you marketing communications.
Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data
GSUK LTD processes personal data which is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you may be a party to, or may want to enter.
GSUK LTD processes personal data, which is necessary to comply with its legal obligations, for example, providing personal information to regulators and statutory bodies.
GSUK LTD processes personal data in order to meet its legitimate interests as an IT service provider. For example delivering services, responding to general enquiries, supporting our customers and partners and improving our services.
Sometimes the use of your personal data requires your consent. We will first obtain your consent to that use.
Sharing your Personal Data
GSUK LTD may share your personal data with third parties. These third parties have an obligation to put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data. It is likely that we will need to share your data with some or all of the following (but only where necessary):
- Our agents, suppliers and contractors. For example, we may ask a commercial provider to publish or distribute newsletters on our behalf, or to maintain our database software/website;
Retention of your Personal Data
We may keep some records for a minimum period of 8 years. For example, financial records to support HMRC audits or provide tax information. In general, we will endeavour to keep data only for as long as we need it. This means that we will delete it when it is no longer needed.
Your Rights and your Personal Data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
When exercising any of the rights listed below, in order to process your request, we may need to verify your identity for your security. In such cases we will need you to respond with proof of your identity before you can exercise these rights.
1. The right to access personal data we hold on you
At any point you can contact us to request the personal data we hold on you as well as why we have that personal data, who has access to the personal data and where we obtained the personal data from. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month.
There are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same personal data or requests which are manifestly unfounded or excessive may be subject to an administrative fee.
2. The right to correct and update the personal data we hold on you
If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
3. The right to have your personal data erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your personal data or that we are unlawfully using your personal data, you can request that we erase the personal data we hold.
When we receive your request we will confirm whether the personal data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it for to comply with a legal obligation).
4. The right to object to processing of your personal data or to restrict it to certain purposes only
You have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or ask us to restrict processing. Upon receiving the request we will contact you and let you know if we are able to comply or if we have a legal obligation to continue to process your data.
5. The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller. We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
6. The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was obtained
You can withdraw your consent easily by email, or by post (see Contact Details below).
7. The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Securing your Data
GSUK LTD will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
GSUK LTD will store all the personal information you provide securely.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Cross-border Data Transfers
Any personal data transferred to countries or territories outside the European Economic Area will only be placed on systems complying with measures giving equivalent protection of personal rights either through international agreements or contracts approved by the European Union. Our website is also accessible from overseas.
Updating this Statement
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
This statement was last updated in June 2020.
This website contains links to other websites.
GSUK LTD is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact GSUK LTD
Please contact us if you have any questions about this privacy statement or the personal data we hold about you
by email to: email@example.com
by post to: Genius Store UK Ltd, Unit 36, The Brewhouse, Old Bexley Business Park, 19 Bourne Road, Bexley, DA5 1LR.